Roasted Beef Tenderloin
April 8, 2016
Roasted Beef Tenderloin with California Avocado and Sun Dried Tomato Relish
- 1 1/2 lbs Beef tenderloin, cleaned and trimmed of silverskin and excess fat
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Chile powder
- 2 tbsps Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup Red onion, diced ¼"
- 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, diced ¼"
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 2 tbsps White wine vinegar
- 2 tsps Fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato, diced ¼"
- 2 California avocados, diced ¼"
- 1/4 cup Roasted peppers, peeled, seeded, and diced ¼"
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Tenderloin Marinade:
- Combine tenderloin, olive oil, chopped garlic, chile powder, black pepper, and rosemary in a bowl and mix well.
- Coat tenderloin and marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
For the Sun Dried Tomato and California Avocado Relish:
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan over medium flame.
- Add garlic to pan, cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add onion, sun-dried tomatoes, cumin and vinegar to pan and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add oregano to pan. Remove from heat and cool.
- When cool, add tomatoes, avocados, roasted peppers, and lemon juice.
- Check for seasoning and set aside until ready to serve. This relish should be slightly chunky and tangy with a little sweetness.
To Cook the Tenderloin:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place meat on a sheet pan and cook 10 to 15 minutes until brown.
- Turn the oven down to 350°F and finish cooking for 15 to 20 minutes until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with Mushroom Risotto. Spoon risotto in center of plate.
- Slice tenderloin ¼" thick and place 2 to 3 slices on top of risotto.
- Spoon avocado relish over the meat and garnish with a sprig of herbs.
- Serve with grilled or roasted vegetables.