April 6, 2016
Chilled melon soup with mint and almond cream
- 2 Ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeds removed and cut into larger cubes
- 4 ozs Champagne, Brutt
- 1 tbsp Moscatel vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Orange juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 2 tbsps Almond liquor (Amaretto)
- Salt, to taste
For the Soup:
- In a blender, combine the melon, champagne, vinegar and honey. Process until smooth.
- Add the orange juice, mint, and salt if necessary. Pour into a container and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
For the Almond Cream:
- Mix sour cream and almond liquor together in a bowl.
Pour cold soup into serving bowls. Garnish with the almond cream, toasted sliced almonds and a sprig of fresh mint.