Chicken & Truffles
April 8, 2016
Roasted Half Chicken with Truffle Tomato Relish
- 6 Pieces fresh chicken, cut in half with the breast bone removed
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Italian Parsley
- 1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 Lemon, zested
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes (red, yellow, orange, or any combination)
- 1/2 Blulb fennel, slized thin
- 2 tbsps Red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp Basil, chopped in chiffonade
- 2 tbsps Truffle oil
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Fresh truffle shavings to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Chicken:
- Combine oil, herbs, salt and pepper, garlic, and lemon zest in a large non-reactive bowl.
- Add chicken to bowl and marinate for 12-24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Drain off excess marinade.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and roast for 20-25 minutes until done.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
For the Truffle Tomato Relish:
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in a mixing bowl.
- Combine cherry tomatoes, fennel, red onion, basil, truffle oil, and red wine vinegar. Mix well.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Heat briefly just until warm before serving.
Place the chicken on the plate, spoon the relish over the chicken. Garnish with truffle shavings. Serve with your favorite vegetable and starch.